Structured Product Specialist
Our mission is to become a center of excellence for advisory solutions. We create, manage & deliver Fund of Funds and Single Strategies in a timely, efficient and dynamic manner while maintaining the highest level of both product innovation and quality
We are currently seeking a Structured Product Specialist with 7-10+ years of experience to join our Investment Team. Successful candidates will have a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment, being part of a team that is developing and building a new range of UCITs products with targeted payoffs.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
At least 7-10+ years’ experience in developing and managing structured product investments. This includes the following activities:
- Generate investment ideas that could be implemented through derivatives, in a structural way with a target payoff within a given time horizon.
- Back test the Investment Idea (strong skills in Equity Derivatives strategies like Auto-callables, Barrier, Option Overwriting, Vol. Target etc.).
- Pricing Equity Derivatives to assess risks and sensitivities of the investment strategy over time (strong skills in pricing Barries, Auto-Callables, Exotic Options in general).
- Prepare the Investment Process and present the investment idea to the Investment Committee. Contribute to write the product supplement, in liaison with the legal department.
- Build a portfolio, making sure that is coherent with UCITs limits and Central Bank regulations.
- Follow the product launch and onboarding, coordinating the internal departments (middle office, risk, legal) and the external parties (Custodian, Fund Accounting). Prepare and get all relevant parties’ approval on any product documentation and ensure all workflow (including booking system) are properly addressed.
- Support the marketing department in creating a product brochure that highlights payoffs and risks of the product.
- Run auctions to trade the several components within the fund (i.e. funding basket – usually composed of bonds and interest rates derivatives – and the performance component – usually represented by a TRS or other options structures).
- Be responsible to manage the product life cycle and performance. Make sure that the targeted payoff is achievable at any point in time, through automatic checks (i.e. asset and liability equilibrium).
- Deal on a weekly basis with redemptions, making sure that trades are executed at fair value.
The candidate needs to be familiar/able to perform the following activities:
- Trade interest rates derivatives (“Fixed to Fixed” and “Fixed to Floating” IRS, Cross currency Swaps, Swaptions, Forward Purchase agreements), Credit Default Swaps.
- Trade equity derivatives (Vanilla Call and Put options, Barrier Option, Digital Options, Total Return Swaps, Equity Default Swaps, Auto-Callables) and FX Derivatives.
- Possess strong skills in pricing and back testing derivatives, assessing risks and sensitivities.
- Strong Python coding is essential for this role.
- Strong ability to model the portfolio payoff through third parties’ systems (Bloomberg)
Education and experience:
- At least 7-10+ years of experience in managing structured products (preferably in a UCITs environment) in relevant financial institutions. Knowledge in financial derivatives products and structured products, and experience in financial products marketing and development
- University graduate in Economics, Finance, Mathematics orsics or related disciplines. Master, Phd or a specialization in pricing/modelling derivatives would be a plus.
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills, better if supported by an adequate knowledge in computer programming.
- Strong sense of compliance and risk control.
- Position offer will be subject to experience.